2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 8:11 AM by MortyEU

Help: DH55TC, Win 7 32-bit, screen "flickering", video totally unstable

MortyEU

Dear all,

I really need some help here. I have a brand new Intel DH55TC motherboard (with latest BIOS release), Intel Core i3-530 CPU, Windows 7 32-bit, 4 GB RAM, HP LP2475w 24" monitor.

Upgraded to latest BIOS from bootable CD. Windows installed on a freshly formatted harddisk, OK. Windows loads all updates, OK.

Went to "http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm", and loaded latest device drivers.

As soon as the newest GFX driver is installed, Windows changes over to 1920 * 1200 / 60 Hz refresh (native resolution of my HP LP2475w monitor), and the problem begins.

The screen "flickers" for lack of a better word, video display is unstable, sometimes monitor goes blank for a second while it tries to regain lock, video display has tearing lines across screen and much "noise". It looks just as if the GFX card sends a slightly higher refresh rate than the monitor can handle.

Unistalled latest GFX driver and video is normal again. Installed slightly older GFX driver "15.16.8.2057", and the problem re-appears. Uninstalled "15.16.8.2057" driver, rebooted, installed even older Intel GFX driver from Windows Update, and problem re-appears.

Removed Intel GFX driver, and went back to Windows' built-in "Standard VGA" driver, and video is OK again. Using Microsoft "Standard VGA" driver tried to set resolution to 1920 * 1200 / 60 Hz, and video displays almost correctly! There are a few pixels here and there with wrong colors (bright green), but the screen image is stable and usable. (It runs very slow of course, as the non-accelerated default driver is dog slow at high resolution.)

I have no idea what this is? Help, please!