3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 9:53 AM by Intel Corporation

Can I use Intel NUC in industry?

light123

I want to use Intel NUC(NUC7i3BNH) on a mobile car which is used for transferring things in warehouse.

But I am not sure whether is it possible.

1. Shaking

When the car is moving, the NUC may be shaking. So can the NUC work normally in this situation for a long time?

2. Temperature

The temperature of warehouse may be -10℃. Can the NUC work normally in this temperature?

3. Other

Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: Can I use Intel NUC in industry?
          N.Scott.Pearson

From its TPS document, here are the environmental requirements for the latest generation (BN) NUC:

In addition to this, the NUC chassis are an open chassis with blower-based forced airflow. In a factory setting, you are going to see significant dust and particulate matter. This can build up within the chassis, with eventual failure due to overheating being a significant issue. There are fanless chassis available through third-parties that are sealed against this situation and I strongly suggest that you look into this possibility...

...S

• 2. Re: Can I use Intel NUC in industry?
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello light123,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC community.

I will respond to your questions in the same order you presented them;

1. Yes, it is possible and I would like to share a couple of recommendations in case you decide to use the Intel® NUC; consider a M.2 solution and try to set the Intel® NUC around some kind of shock absorber or something that it will hold the Intel® NUC closely firmed.
            2. Based on the environmental specifications the Intel® NUC can be set under these parameters;

Leaving the Intel® NUC Kit working under -10℃ might end up damaging the components and the board itself.

Hope this helps you, and if you have more questions please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 3. Re: Can I use Intel NUC in industry?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

light123, hope you were able to check the inputs above.

Regards,

Amy C.