2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 11:08 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel AMT blank screen when using Linux

ik2

I use vPro / AMT on Intel NUC model DC53427HYE

It works perfectly for Windows, all features I've tried.

Linux, on the other hand, does not work for the remote desktop, AFTER the machine is installed.

I can remotely mount a Linux install ISO en do the install 100% using the remote desktop connection. Once the Linux install is complete and reboots, you get a couple of lines on the screen showing the boot starts. Then blank. You never get anything on the screen again.

The OS is there and running, I can connect to the OS directly, but the remote desktop does not work. Det betyder at eventuelle problemer med det operativsystem som bryter tilkoblingen til maskinen på NIC betyr at det ikke er så bra å installere fra scratch.

Does anyone have any insight how to connect to a Linux OS remote using AMT?

• 1. Re: Intel AMT blank screen when using Linux
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities. We will try our best in order to try to fix this problem.

In order to better assist you:
          Could you please provide a description of the environment you are working with?
          How many units are involved?

Please submit your inquiry on the forums support from Linux, in there you should be able to get further suggestions from the peers on their communities:
          http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/

I also encourage all the peers viewing this forum, that if they have any feedback or recommendations on this matter to post all information on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: Intel AMT blank screen when using Linux
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
            Alberto R