9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 12:04 PM by Intel Corporation

compute stick network issue

royce

Hi!i successfully setup for the first time the intel compute stick (product code BOXSTCK1A32WFC) using my friend's hdmi tv yesterday.

Upon return to my country today, I tried to connect the stick to my own hdmi tv (1st time connection to my tv), but only the home screen appeared and it did not respond to any input from the mouse or keyboard.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?thanksrtrttgr

• 1. Re: compute stick network issue
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Compute Stick communities. We are sorry to hear the stick is not working properly.

Just to confirm, and in order to better assist you, the keyboard and mouse that you are using, are those wired or wireless? Please provide the model of them if possible.
          If they are wireless, what is the model of the USB dongle you are using to connect them?
          If they are wired, what is the model of the USB hub you used for the connection?
          Are you using the Bluetooth feature to connect them?
          Are you using the same keyboard and mouse that worked at your friend’s house?

Just in case on the link below you will find the link of tested peripherals for the stick, where you will see a list of keyboards and mice listed:
          https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000006029.html

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: compute stick network issue
            royce

Hi.

I have copy paste your questions and answered them respectively:

1.Just to confirm, and in order to better assist you, the keyboard and mouse that you are using, are those wired or wireless?

-the mouse is wireless, Ximi brand (but not bluetooth)

-the keyboard is wired, Ximi brand

2. Are you using the Bluetooth feature to connect them?

-no i didn't use bluetooth feature

3. Are you using the same keyboard and mouse that worked at your friend’s house?

-Yes, i used the same keyboard and mouse that worked on my friend's house.

-on my own hdmi tv, i can see the mouse pointer move when i moved it around the screen while for the keyboard, the numbers i typed also appeared on the screen. However I cannot operate it any further. When I pressed the windows tab on the keyboard, there was no response on the tv.

• 3. Re: compute stick network issue
              Intel Corporation

Hi : Thank you very much for clarifying that information. On the link I gave you previously, you will see that there is an option to do an “operating system recovery”, please follow the steps in there to try to fix this problem.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto R

• 4. Re: compute stick network issue
                Intel Corporation

: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,
                Alberto R

• 5. Re: compute stick network issue
                  royce

Hi!

Could you please send me the direct link to the “operating system recovery” because the link above just lead me to the list of tested peripherals for the stick. Thanks!
                  Also, how can I install Microsoft Office such as Word, Powerpoint to the stick? Thanks!

• 6. Re: compute stick network issue
                    Intel Corporation

: You are very welcome. Let me apologize that I did not gave you the link on the previous post:
                    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005885.html

In regard to your inquiry, based on the Windows version installed on the stick, in order to install Microsoft® Office for Word and Power Point, what we need to do is to purchase them directly from Microsoft’s site, once we do that we will have the option to install it:
                    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/officeforhomeorpersonal?icid=Cat-OfficeNew-_linknav-homeorpersonal-051717-en_US

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,
                    Alberto R

• 7. Re: compute stick network issue
                      Intel Corporation

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,
                      Alberto R

• 8. Re: compute stick network issue
                        royce

Hi!

Thankfully I was already able to set-up my Intel compute Stick to my HDMI tv without having to do an 'operating system recovery'.

I  used the Stick's USB port to connect both my wireless mouse and wired keyboard instead of connecting both of them to the TV's usb ports (which I did on my friend's TV).

I wasn't able to utilize them for word processing tasks since I haven't bought the Microsoft Office for Word and Powerpoint yet. Hopefully soon.

Thanks again!

• 9. Re: compute stick network issue
                          Intel Corporation

Hi : You are very welcome. Perfect, it is great to hear the Intel® compute stick is working fine now. And yes, you just need to purchase the Microsoft® Office pack to use those applications.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,
                          Alberto R