I suggest that you try the following:
- Disconnect the LAN cable if you have one connected to the NUC.
- From Safe Mode, uninstall completely the Intel LAN, Wireless and Bluetooth drivers.
- Reboot the NUC, letting it boot in Normal Mode.
- In this order, install the latest LAN, Bluetooth and Wireless drivers. If any of these installations asks for a reboot, say no and go on to the next.
- When all are installed, reboot the NUC.
- If you disconnected the LAN cable during step 1, you can reconnect it during the reboot.
I have seen multiple reports of issues like this (though usually not causing hangs) after installing any of the Windows updates that install as O/S upgrades (the Creator's update is one such package). Microsoft has already reported their upgrades causing anomalies with Bluetooth, so no surprises here.
Let us know if this fixes it...
This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Thank you very much to N. Scott Pearson for the information provided previously.
oscargol: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.
In order to try to fix this problem we can try a BIOS update to the latest version 0061:
Any further questions, please let me know.