3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 5:57 PM by

D510MO code 10 or 24 two PCI to USB cards!

RaymondDay

I need more USB ports then what the D510MO has. I used two 5+1 PCI to USB cards one by NEC and the other VIA. Both give the same error!

"Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller" The NEC one gets a (Code 10) and the VIA one a (Code 24) any USB things I have in it Windows 7 don't see them.

It don't work with 2 USB cards. If I could find a low USB PCI card that would work with this Motherboard I would get it.

I can only guess it's the Motherboard or something wrong with my new loaded Windows 7.

Has any one got a PCI USB card to work with this Motherboard?

-Raymond Day

• 1. Re: D510MO code 10 or 24 two PCI to USB cards!
          RaymondDay

I just have a 20 pin power on it. So I put a 24 pin. But that did not help. I thought that my of been it.

Win_7_with_D510MO_USB_Cards_no_work.jpg

Maybe this copy of part of my screen can show more.

-Raymond Day

• 2. Re: D510MO code 10 or 24 two PCI to USB cards!
            dCrypt

I would like to revive this thread, as I really like to know how to make two PCI cards work with D510MO.

RaymondDay, did you try with just one PCI card, in either PCI slot? I guess you are using a dual PCI riser card, which supposedly will only work with VIA motherboards, and it's possible that only one PCI slot will be enabled in the D510MO board. It's also possible that only the VIA or only the NEC card will work plugged in the riser card.

Could you be so kind to post the make and model of the riser card? Is there any model number printed on the riser card circuit board?

Kind regards

• 3. Re: D510MO code 10 or 24 two PCI to USB cards!

Been a long time from this post. But what I remember I order the same mother board and the USB card worked on that board. So I return the mother board back were I bought it and they gave me a good one. The PCI port was bad on that mother board.

-Raymond Day