1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 1:44 AM by MartyG

Tracking the same person after camera lost track?

gannicus

Hi, I'm trying use the Person Tracking in SDK 2016R2. I just wondering how can I track the same person after the person walk out of camera screen and come back.

I'm trying to use the integer from QueryId() in PersonTracking object. But seems like if the same person walk out of screen and comes back the SDK treat it as a new person and the QueryId() returns a different value.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Tracking the same person after camera lost track?
          MartyG

I remembered that there were some similar cases to yours back when RealSense first launched in 2014, so went back in the older RealSense forum to research it (this forum is the second, newer RealSense forum). 

RealSense expert Samontab thought that the IDs were being incremented because the user was being unregistered, and so a new ID was being created when that same person was registered again.

This discussion on the old forum may be relevant to your problem.

Face Recognition problem

When someone else had a problem with retaining a registered face, Intel support member Colleen Culbertson suggested changing registration from Continuous to On Demand mode.  I.e change

REGISTRATION_MODE_CONTINUOUS

to

REGISTRATION_MODE_ON_DEMAND

In other words:

SetRegistrationMode(PXCFaceConfiguration::RecognitionConfiguration::REGISTRATION_MODE_ON_DEMAND);