Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel hd 630 multiple collage issues

aasho
Novice

I have an LG31MU97-B true 4k display monitor.The monitor cannot be connected via display port 1.2 mode for driving in 4k mode as there is no display due to bug in intel graphics driver which was reported by me in an earlier thread on which intel and LG is currently working(internal bug ID (1405539394)).Now for driving the display in 4K mode i connected one dispaly port and one hdmi input to my monitor and enabled PBP mode in my monitor where it accepts 2 inputs.I selected multiple collage mode in intel hd graphics and started driving the monitor in 4k mode(2K*2K) @ 60hz..It is working fine but i noticed the following issue.

1)When i switch off and switch on the monitor either the display goes to extended display mode or single display mode( only one half of screen is displayed).Again i have to re-enable collage mode via intel hd graphics to make it working

2)On web browsing on scrolling pages faster sometimes i'am noticing a break in middle.

3)Can i drive the display in 4K 10 bit mode via this setup as my monitor is 10 bit capable.

The performance otherwise is fine including video playback.Can these issues be fixed

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues when using the PBP mode on your monitor. Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers (save the report in a .txt file and attach it to the thread)

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

I'am herwith attaching the information in text format

Also like to add one more information.When the display turns off in idle mode it is again coming black with a black screen within few seconds and staying like that.The diplay never turns off completely.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AmalAshok,

Thank you for the information.

Let me set up a lab to try to replicate the issue and I will update this thread once I have further details.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for your patience. I just received some information on the test on our lab about this matter.

Please see answers below:

1- After switched off and switched on the display was on 4k mode(2K*2K) @ 60hz without any issues.

2. Did some web browsing and scrolled some down some pages but did not get the break in middle as the customer.

In some cases the picture for the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection) when black and the signal was lost but it came back fast.

3. The operating system runs on 8 bits, so if you have an application that runs on 10 bits and the graphic drivers have the latest updates it should ran it without any issue but it depends of the type of connection (DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 2.0).

Hope this is useful.

Allan J.

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

There are some clarification required in the testing you conducted.

1.When you switch off and switch on the monitor it will run in 4k mode (2K*2K) but in extended mode.Kindly confirm whether multiple collage mode is active.Since you have done testing with 2 monitors you may not have noticed this.

2.I am using this mode in my LG 31MU97-B monitor which can accept 2 input.One half of screen for one input and the other half of the screen for the second input.I can confirm that when scrolling web pages faster there is break in the middle and the two inputs are not in perfect sync.You cannot verify this as you are using 2 monitors.

3.Whether using display port 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 can i get 10 bits in both at 2K*2K mode.

4.You have not replied about the issue of display not turning off completely.

I hereby request you to conduct testing with a single monitor which can accept 2 inputs preferably my monitor if possible.As intel is already working on an issue with this monitor (internal bug ID (1405539394)) i assume that you might be having this monitor for testing.In your test setup also you have noticed some issues like one display going off and coming after sometime in HDMI which i also faced sometimes.Whether intel will be taking actions for fixing these issues.Also can you share the details of your exact test setup.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

I will update this thread as soon as I confirm this information. Thank you for your patience.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

a- I did not explain myself correctly and got you confused. The issue was reproduced in following way: I connected the HDMI and the DisplayPort cables to the monitor HP Z27s 27-inch that supports the 4k and PBP. When I mentioned "In some cases the picture for the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection) when black and the signal was lost but it came back fast". I was talking about the second display on the same monitor. While the lab was going on I did not get the issue of "breaks in the middle" while I did some web browsing scrolling.

b- Yes, the operating system runs on 8 bits, therefore the two displays on the monitor will be 8 bits in total. If you have an application that runs on 10 bits and you want to run it on your operating system it is possible, but you need to have the latest updates for the graphics controller and to have the compatible hardware: connection (DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 2.0).

c- Whenever I turned off and then turned back on again the display remained in PBP but while I was watching some videos and browsing the HDMI display went black and the signal was lost. It came back really fast after some seconds but eventually the display was lost and I needed to restart the PC to get the HDMI display back again.

Hope it helps

Allan J.
0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello Allan,

First of all the monitor your tested HP Z27s is a UHD monitor with resolution of 3840*2160@60p.Mine(LG31MU97-B) is a true 4k monitor with 4096*2160@60p running at 2k*2k mode @60hz.The folllowing points need clarification.

1.When you switched off and switched on you didnt mention whether the display was in multiple collage mode or extended display mode.

2.When running in multiple collage mode in my monitor at 4k resolution the two sides of web pages dont sync when we scroll faster.This you have to test with a true 4k monitor preferable my monitor LG31MU97-B if possible, as intel is already working on an issue with this monitor (internal bug ID (1405539394)) i assume that you might be having this monitor for testing.

Expecting you immediate reply.

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Amal Ashok,

Please allow me to check on this.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for your patience.

The answers to your questions below:

1. This was on both modes.

2. We have tested on the HP monitor only. Since Intel is aware of this internal bug. My recommendation would be to wait for future driver releases at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ or through your computer manufacturer's website.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

kindly clarify the following.

1)When you switch off the monitor in multiple collage mode and then switch on whether it is remaining in multiple collage mode.

2)I have installed the latest version of intel graphics driver released this month but all these issues still persist.

3)Also the display is not going to turn off mode during idle state only a black screen comes.

4)Can you report these issues faced in LG31MU97-B monitor in multiple collage mode so that intel can fix them in the upcoming driver release.

Expecting your immediate reply.

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

I will update this thread as soon as I get information about this matter.

Thank you for your patience.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Please check below:

1. I tested multi-monitor feature using both modes, it remained without issues.

2. You will need to keep checking for future driver releases at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. Hope this will be addressed in a near future.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

Can you conduct the testing in LG 31MU97-B monitor.Whether intel is aware of the isssues with this monitor.

With best regards,

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

This monitor is not available in our Lab, I am sure Intel will be releasing new drivers for your graphics controller, please keep on checking this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630 website for updated drivers.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

Whether the issues will be fixed in the upcoming driver version.

With best regards,

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos