6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 9:18 AM by BigThor

pentium m 730

pegler666

i have a pentium m 730 in my laptop and i want to change it for a faster one or dual core if poss, does anyone know what i can replace it with?

• 1. Re: pentium m 730
          BigThor

The only people that can tell you the list of supported processors is the system manufacturer (brand name in your computer) as the chipset may support another processor, but the BIOS may not have the correct set of instructions to use it making the system not to boot.

You may also look over the Internet for the available configurations that where available for your computer, most likely those processors will work.

PV.

• 2. Re: pentium m 730
            Manjit

Or you can ask in house Intel experts during Intel Live Chat session. More information at www.intellivechat.com

Join on Skype  @IntelLiveChat

• 3. Re: pentium m 730
              pegler666

untitled.JPGdoes this help? live chat were unable to help and i cant seem to find anything about "compusys" on the net

• 4. Re: pentium m 730
                BigThor

Is that the brand of your computer?

Looking at the information that you provided on the picture, you have the 915GM chipset and that chipset only supported some older processors, none was dual core.

PV.

• 5. Re: pentium m 730
                  pegler666

can i fit a faster one?

• 6. Re: pentium m 730
                    BigThor

They are faster processors available, the problem is if your system supports it (if the BIOS knows how to use them) Only the system manufacturer can give you that information.

The availelble processors are the:

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 770

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740

PV.