This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
corei100, I am sorry to hear that!
I would like to recommend to uninstall and re-install the latest driver with the steps below, this will help to make sure that driver is properly installed.
- Open the Device Manager using the steps provided for your operating system:
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
- Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
- Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
- Login with administrator privileges
- Open Control Panel
- Open Device Manager
- Click on "Display adapters"
- Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
- Click on the "Driver" tab
- Click on "Update Driver" button
- Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- Click on "Have Disk" button
- Click "Browse"
- Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
- Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
- Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
- Click "OK"
- Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
- If successful, click "Close", Reboot.
Here you can find our latest driver for your graphics controller and operating system: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]
Please share your results.
ive recently reinstalled windows 8.1 and a few days later they hade 43 updates one of them re-updated the driver to 2017 up form 2015. ive also had trouble with adjusting the brightness threw the sliders in power management. this isn't a big problem but would like to hae solved also i thing there is something wrong in general with intel's 2015 graphics driver. the only way i could get the 2017 driver was ether manually or now threw win 8.1 install.i thank you all for your help though.