Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel graphics control panel disappeared

RKnis1
Beginner

Good day!

I`m running Alienware 15 R2 laptop with i7-6820HK and GTX 980M in windows 10 Pro with latest updates. Any time I make fresh install of Windows I can install Intel HD Graphics Drivers without any issue, but, after some time when i try to update drivers with uninstalling older version any time I install Intel Graphics driver Intel Graphics Control Panel just disappears from everywhere(right click on desktop especialy). If I install newer driver without uninstalling older one, no issue, but after uninstall, Intel Control Panel is missing. Also C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf***

trying to run GfxUIEx.exe gives no success.

I was trying about 10+ versions of driver, even from support.dell.com, same problem

Please advice!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Did you uninstall via system control panel or did you use a 3rd party tool that promises to "clean-up everything" and actually breaks your registry?

Did you install http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/alienware-15-r2/drivers/advanced DELL' s custom software that interferes in graphics?

Also you have an NVIDIA Optimus rig, which is a troublemaker per se.

Since it works if you pass uninstalling, just don't do it.

0 Kudos
RKnis1
Beginner

1) I`ve uninstalled drivers(Intel Display Driver and NVIDIA driver) from Windows 10 control panel.

2) Then trying to install new drivers, or from the same file, I`ve installed and it worked perfectly.

2.1) I tried to clean with DDU before installing again, same result.

2.2) I tried to reinstall Intel Chipset drivers with -overall command, no result.

I will try to uninstall Alienware OSD and Command Center before installing Intel Drivers now.

If i install new driver over old one my NVIDIA GTX 980M starts to turn on and after 1 second switch off every 20-30 seconds

0 Kudos
RKnis1
Beginner

Rexcor wrote:

I will try to uninstall Alienware OSD and Command Center before installing Intel Drivers now.

No way, no Intel Control Panel

0 Kudos
RKnis1
Beginner

Glad to inform that problem solved. System Event Notification Service from services.msc was disabled and not running, switching to Auto and restart of system helped.

0 Kudos