Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Version detection broken in driver update utility 2.8.2.2

Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

The tool claims that builds 4501 and 4624 are latest versions, when build 4703 is installed.

Either the numbers are calculated wrong or the description should read "latest version available at Intel"

Also the description of one driver reads 4th gen, albeit there is a 5th gen GPU in my rig.

This might be confusing to average users.

Actually i don't need the tool, i installed it only as an other user had a question.

Uninstalling again...

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Stefan3D: Yes, the Intel® driver update utility, sometimes it is not that accurate in finding, installing or detecting drivers, depending on the system where it is installed. That is why we recommend to install them manually.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

@ intel_corp

Just wanna let you know that version 2.902 works yet worse than 2.822

In columns installed and latest you mixed up Intel and Microsoft version scheme.

Installer suggests to install a Gen9 exclusive driver on my Gen8 BDW, which could have been avoided without that mix-up.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Stefan3D: Thank you very much for shoring those details. We really appreciate that you are taking the time to report those errors. I will send your comments to the proper department.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos