4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 4:15 PM by Intel Corporation

Failed Bios!! Bricked!Help!!!

jimmytrk

Niveus Sierra edition media server with intel oem board DGM965RA. Pci nvidia video card, and oem custom front and back panel interface boards with integrated usb hubs.

- pre niveus vail prototype/beta unit that i picked up - I got it all tweaked out and ready to run with a blu ray, ac wireless, 2TB storage hdd, and an oem niveus image loaded onto a 128gb ssd.  All worked great until i swapped out the ram with pc6400 and tried changing the bios mem speed ad timings to run the mem faster. I bricked it! Cannot recover the bios - normal bios recovery steps cannot recover. no way, no how.  Intel support pawned me off to the oem. Niveus is defunct! A lesser version of the board is used in Gateway AIO gz series and zx190. But no bios downloads exist anywhere. And it is useless since the unit has NO video output and NO inputs active sind the bios crash... no usb, etc working. Im hoping for any help with any info on this board.. engineering integration manual, etc. that may identify any on board vga gfx output, and any user interface usb, ps2 etc that i might hope to exploit and get a display and keyboard working with. the board seems to still boot to a default mode - all case and gfx fans run hi and it reads cd rom. But without i/o i cannot modify bios settings, or flash any replacement bios and/or cmos flash even if i could get any files. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. Thanks,  Dave, Seattle

• 1. Re: Failed Bios!! Bricked!Help!!!
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello jimmytrk,

I’m sorry for the issue you have experienced with your unit, please bear in mind that your best contact support is with your computer manufacturer as they are more familiar with your system and how all the components interact with each other.

We don’t have instructions how to recover your BIOS or BIOS versions for this system to help you, this instructions and BIOS versions need to be provided by your computer manufacturer.

According with your motherboard model DGM965RA you contact support is Gateway, you can try to contact them here:
          http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/contact-support
          NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

• 2. Re: Failed Bios!! Bricked!Help!!!
            jimmytrk

Ivan U,

I explained in my OP that I've already experienced intel's misguidance to Gateway Computer.

I have no idea why you are sending me to Gateway! This IS NOT a Gateway product.

The OEM was Niveus Media. They are out of business. I DID NOT ask Intel for a bios. I am aksing Intel to provide technical information on this board. It IS an intel board. Intel designed it. Intel marketed and sold it to oem integrators.

Board identifiers:

DGM965RA BQRA7430002G AA#D97757-900

Please see the link. " CR_news_0121_06_niveus "

“The Sierra Edition Media Server is a terrific example of how Intel technology is enabling the design of cooler, quieter and more compact systems,” Jeffrey McCrea, the general manager of Intel’s Consumer PC Group, said in a company statement. - Jan, 2008

Why will intel not assist?

I request that you please elevate this, or involve another appropriate department that can help .... is there something like an engineered products, industrial integration, or perhaps Intel’s Consumer PC Group as that article suggests?

Thank you, -Dave

• 3. Re: Failed Bios!! Bricked!Help!!!
              jimmytrk

As I wrote:  " [a BIOS load]......is useless since the unit has NO video output and NO inputs active since the bios crash... no usb, etc working. I'm hoping for any help with any info on this board.. engineering integration manual, etc. that may identify any on board vga gfx output, and any user interface usb, ps2 etc that i might hope to exploit and get a display and keyboard working with. the board seems to still boot to a default mode - all case and gfx fans run hi and it reads cd rom. But without i/o i cannot modify bios settings, or flash any replacement bios and/or cmos flash even if i could get any files. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED...."

Thanks,  Dave, Seattle

• 4. Re: Failed Bios!! Bricked!Help!!!
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello jimmytrk,

I’m sorry, as you said it, this is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) board and the support needs to be provided by the OEM, if the OEM is out of business then you can wait on this post to see if somebody with similar board can help you with some technical information, unfortunately we don’t have information related to this board and there is no department or other support that can be provided to this board.

Intel design boards, processor and other components for OEMs but the support is provided by the OEM because the system will be integrated with other components, BIOS, processors etc that they are more familiar with. For some OEM system Intel only provides basic information like drivers update but specific troubleshooting and product information is kept by the OEM.

Regards,

Ivan U.