1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2017 1:21 PM by rguevara

ITECIR IR Receiver disconnects on all 2017 NUC

OrganixXx

After the last thread about this issue was falsely closed, here is the new one.

I hope we will get more support this time.

Like I said last time, I think it's a driver issue.

So whats the problem?

On all 2017 Intel NUCs I've seen the ITECIR IR Receiver disonnects after a while or it starts with a disconnected IR Receiver.

Why I know this? Well, the ITECIR IR Receiver sometimes is shown at the device manager at startup and sometimes it's not.

When you click on view/ show hidden in the device manager, it will be shown. When you click on settings, the device shows it's disconnected.

Why I think it's a driver issue? Starting the NUC over IR works 100%. But I want to shut it down over infrared doesn't work most times. After a while of using the NUC the ITECIR IR Receiver is with high probability disconnected.

Why nobody cares? I think the most people don't use the IR Receiver, so it's no problem for them. I buyed a Logitech Harmony Elite to start and shutdown the NUC over IR and control it by bluetooth. This error bothers me very.

My configuration:

Intel NUC7i5BNK

2x4 GB Crucal CT2K4G4SFS8213

1x 250 GB Samsung 960 m.2 SSD

Windows 10 Professional

The connnected AVR and TV doen't have importance I think. In the last thread Intel unfortunately testet a nonsensical setup. Please test only the NUC and check the device manager regularely. You will see, the ITECIR IR Receiver dissapears.

Here some Screenshots:

- After Startup: ITECIR IR Reciver can be found at the device manager.

ITE1.PNG

- After a while of using. ITECIR IR Receiver is gone.

ITE2.PNG

After clicking on: view/ show hidden. The symbol means it's disconnected.

ITE3.PNG

The settings show: It's disconnected.

ITE4.PNG

I'm using actual drivers.

ITE5.PNG

After a reboot. It's connected. The game begins again.

ITE6.PNG

INTEL, I believe in your support and your products. Please, let's find a answer this time. Thank you.

1 2 Previous Next