Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Uninstall ITBM 3.0

AJone14
Beginner

Hi,

A simple question... how do I uninstall Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0?

Whenever I do it in via Windows Programs & Features it says it's uninstalled and I need to reboot. After a reboot it's back.

?!?

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello AndyJones,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

This is an option that you will need to disable in the BIOS as well, once you disable it you can uninstall it.

To uninstall it go to Windows Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, and uninstall any previous version of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software.

Reboot the system

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AndyJones,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

This is an option that you will need to disable in the BIOS as well, once you disable it you can uninstall it.

To uninstall it go to Windows Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, and uninstall any previous version of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software.

Reboot the system

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
AJone14
Beginner

If I disable Turbo Boost in the bios will ITBM re-appear again if I re-enable the setting in BIOS?

ITBM was installed as part of windows update, I don't want it and it's just annoying that it leaves an open window on the desktop after boot up. It's not needed for Turbo Boost, only for the affinity features which I don't need.

Surely there should be a better/cleaner method to remove this software than asking users to play around in BIOS?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the reply, in this case, this is happening because Windows automatically keeps updating the driver every time you restart the computer.

If you keep on having the issue, you can check the following article from How To Geek:

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/ How to Prevent Windows from Automatically Updating Specific Drivers - How To Geek

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
AJone14
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the link, unfortunately I have the Home version of windows so no group policy editor.

Is there a way to force ITBM just start quietly at least? The help file says it should start minimized in the tray but it doesn't. If I must have this application forced upon me at least can it work as described?

Andy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm sorry AndyJones if you could not uninstall it or minimize it as it shows on the link above from my end there is no other suggestion I can provide.

This is a system integrated by OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), if they want the ITBM on your system is for some reason, you can try contact your computer manufacturer and ask them if there is a way to remove it or why it cannot be uninstalled from your system, they may have configured your BIOS and system to have it there and not to be uninstalled.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
AJone14
Beginner

Ivan,

I built my own PC so it's not something that was installed by the manufacturer or a bios configuration.

As I said earlier ITBM appeared as part of a Windows Update for the Intel system drivers, as such when it's uninstalled Windows automatically puts it back. It's not an update I can uninstall.

Quite why it was installed 4 times I do not know, as they all have the same version number. But before this update was installed ITBM was not present on my system.

I can minimize the window to the task bar or if I close it it will go to the tray but it won't do that automatically.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you disable it in the BIOS? have you checked in the BIOS if you have this option to do so?

Ivan U.
0 Kudos