Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Consequences for delidding processors?

IDrag
Beginner

Hello,

Dose intel offers delidding service to replace the "substandard" tim? Substandard for a uncloaked CPU.

If not, can I appeal to a specialized company to delid my CPU?

Its still not clear to me If there is a way to change the TIM and not lose warranty.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Delid and you void your warranty.

And, reapplying TIM has nothing to do with Delid'ing.

Read this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005576.html How to Apply Thermal Interface Material (TIM)

Doc

0 Kudos
IDrag
Beginner

Al Hill wrote:

Delid and you void your warranty.

And, reapplying TIM has nothing to do with Delid'ing.

Read this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005576.html How to Apply Thermal Interface Material (TIM)

Doc

Way delidd a procesor not for replacing the stock TIM inside.

Thank you for replying.

First row is clear.

Second row: Way delid if not to change the TIM inside the processor? Or the paste inside is not TIM?

Just to be on the same page referring to a delidded procesor means the TIM inside the processor was replaced whit something better (liquid metal for example).

Dose intel offer a solution to replace this TIM whiteout voiding the warranty?

Delidded processors (7700k in my case) have 15-25 less degrees what leads to longer life expectance.

My options are:

1. Do nothing in order to keep the warranty and expect a shorter life for my processor.

2. Delid my processor (void warranty) and expect a longer life spam.

Considering the problems associated whit constant high temperatures usually occur after years of usage (long before warranty expired), what is intel suggestion to chose the shorter life for my procesor?

Doesn't make sens to me.

0 Kudos
IDrag
Beginner

How do I contact Intel directly?

Is there any way to get a real answer form intel or should I just return the product and get a ryzen?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos