Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Guidance on Check with OEM results of AMT Firmware Scan

SWood5
Novice

We've applied the latest AMT firmware to a large number of HP workstations. We're using Microsoft SCCM to deploy the update. After successfully applying the update and then running the 00075 detection tool, we're now getting a "Check with OEM" result instead of the latest firmware. I realize this is really an HP issue and we're taking it up with them to try and get a resolution.

In the meantime, I wonder if the AMT experts here can tell me if need to make sure that the other Intel AMT drivers are up to date to get a clean AMT firmware result after applying the latest firmware?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelA_Intel

Sandy.Wood

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your post. As you'd suspect, Intel recommends to have the latest drivers installed, so that would be my recommendation to ensure that your drivers are up to date. There was a portion of your sentence where I'm finding I want some clarification on your meaning. "...to get a clean AMT firmware result...". Can you clarify what you mean by a "clean" AMT firmware result?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
SWood5
Novice

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the note back on my post. My apologies for not being clear about my "...to get a clean AMT firmware result..." comment. In short, I want to be able to have our deployment system report correct update results.

As mentioned, we use Microsoft SCCM to deploy the updates and I had some issues with deploying the updates using a Task Sequence or a plain application deployment. Using the HP update, I ran the update.bat file which contained the commands below

FWUpdLcl.exe -f ME7_5M_UPD_Production.bin -allowsv -generic

goto Success

:Success

xcopy "MEFWDetailFile.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\" /y

goto End

:End

EXIT 3010

After running this several times, SCCM showed success yet after examining the systems, the firmware had not been updated. Re-running the Discovery tool showed Check with OEM. After some further troubleshooting, I discovered that by removing some of the commands in the HP update.bat file, I was able to get a successful update and a 'clean AMT firmware result'.

FWUpdLcl.exe -f ME7_5M_UPD_Production.bin -allowsv -generic

xcopy "MEFWDetailFile.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\" /y

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

Sandy.Wood

Hello again Sandy,

Thanks for the clarification. In reading through your post, I'm going to assume that after your troubleshooting, you were able to figure it out! Very well done!

If I'm mistaken in my assumption and you require more help, which I'm happy to do, please let me know, otherwise, your contribution to this community is appreciated!

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos