5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 9:07 PM by arfett

Unable to install ITBM 1.0.0.1031 (Turbo Boost 3.0)

arfett

Attempting to install ITBM provided by Gigabyte results in an error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

CPU: 7900X

Motherboard: Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 (BIOS F7D)

RAM: 32GB Corsair CMU32GX4M4C3000C15

Disk: Multiple SSD from SATA to M.2

I've installed the chipset, ME and all available drivers provided either from Gigabyte or directly from the manufacturer. There are no unknown devices in device manager. Turbo Boost 3.0 and hyperthreading are manually set to enabled in BIOS and all other CPU settings are left on stock settings. XMP Memory profile is loaded.

This happened even with the F6 BIOS version. I updated to F7D and did a fresh format of Windows 10 x64 Pro only to run into this exact same error message.

Please advise on why my system is not able to install Turbo Boost 3.0 or what further information will assist you in debugging this. What checks is this software performing to determine that my system does not meet the minimum requirements?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Unable to install ITBM 1.0.0.1031 (Turbo Boost 3.0)
          gerlin

Just a FYI to Intel, I am having the exact same issue with the following similar system:

CPU: 7900X

Motherboard: Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9 (BIOS F6F)

RAM: 64GB Corsair CMK64GX4M4B3600C18

Disk: Multiple SSD from SATA to M.2

• 2. Re: Unable to install ITBM 1.0.0.1031 (Turbo Boost 3.0)
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello arfett,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 requires an X99 or X299-based board with an enabled BIOS / firmware that supports this feature, so I would recommend contacting your motherboard manufacturer for a BIOS set up in order to have this supported.

The message is very clear it does not meet the minimum system requirements, meaning that this feature is not enabled on your motherboard BIOS or is not present at all.

You can also check at the Gigabyte website the version available for your system, you can check here:
            https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X299-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#support-dl
            Based on that website there is a note that it says, “This tool/driver is required when the BIOS is set to Legacy mode.
            (Note) Support Intel X299 series motherboards. (Support may vary by model).”  

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

• 3. Re: Unable to install ITBM 1.0.0.1031 (Turbo Boost 3.0)
              arfett

Ivan,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

If you look at the BIOS release F6 the only release note is "Fully support Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0" so as best I can tell Gigabyte has indeed provided me a Turbo Boost 3.0 capable BIOS. In addition I've even tried a newer BIOS release F7d which has the same problem.

It has since come to my attention that this functionality should be baked into Windows 10 Creator's Update (1703) and this driver should not need to be installed. The only problem is I have the creators update and my multiplier never goes above 40 which caps me at 4GHz which is far below 4.5GHz which Turbo Boost 3.0 should provide. It doesn't matter what settings my BIOS are configured with (even loading "optimized defaults" or using balanced or high power modes in Windows.)

So what we have is either a feature that is not working as intended on the Microsoft side or the Gigabyte side. Either way I don't see how it would not be beneficial for Intel to know about this and possibly getting your development teams to assist your partners (Gigabyte/Microsoft) in resolving the issue.

• 4. Re: Unable to install ITBM 1.0.0.1031 (Turbo Boost 3.0)
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello arfett,

Thank you for your reply, in this case, if you upgraded to the Windows 10 Creator's Update (1703) there is a possibility that the Intel Turbo Boost Max got corrupted if it was previously installed, I suggest you to completely uninstall it.

• Go to Windows Control PanelProgramsUninstall a Program, and uninstall any version of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software.
                • Reboot the system.

Download the latest version at the following link:
                Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
                • Unzip the TBMT Driver/Control Panel Application package.
                • In Windows Explorer, right-click on INF file and select Install.

Note: If the Install option is not available in Windows Explorer, go to Device Manager. Locate the device that has Hardware ID INT3510, and Update Driver Software by pointing to this INF.
                After successful installation, reboot the system.

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Ivan U.
                • 5. Re: Unable to install ITBM 1.0.0.1031 (Turbo Boost 3.0)
                  arfett

Ivan,

Thank you. You got me on the right track. I had tried to install the ITBM package you had linked but before I formatted and it definitely wasn't working probably due to conflicting with the previously installed ITBM driver from Gigabyte that no longer functioned.

I installed the .inf again after the latest format and now the multiplier goes up to 45 during various workloads.