I have seen a couple other threads describing similar problems, but none with a resolution that works for me. Similar threads: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Random Disconnects/Uninstalls , Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Disconnects/Driver Missing
I am running Windows 10 on a desktop and the Dual Band AC 7260 has been working fine for years. Several months ago the following problem started although I am not sure of any software or hardware changes that specifically led to the problem. I used to be able to run days between disconnects, but the frequency has increased and now the WIFI won't stay connected for more than an hour.
- Randomly the card will disconnect from WIFI
- Device Manager shows the driver is missing for the device once this occurs. Prior to the problem Device Manager shows the device is working properly.
- The tray icon shows that the WIFI is still active and even connected to my home network. But no other networks are shown and the Wifi status shows "connected but no internet"
- Once the adapter is in this state, I am no longer able to enable/disable the network adapter (it seems it is hung)
- The only way to resolve the problem is a reboot, which will crash with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.
- I have checked the System Event logs, but nothing from the AC 7260
I have tried the following steps discussed in other threads but nothing has had an impact:
- Disabled all applications that automatically start up
- Removed and reinstalled the latest Intel PROSet Wireless driver and Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver
- Disabled Ethernet and Bluetooth since I am only using WIFI on this desktop
- Under Device Manager changed the following setting for the Wireless Adapter: "Power Management" tab and toggle Off the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" - seems laptop specific but it was mentioned in several threads.
Attached is the output from the Intel System Support utility that contains all the details on my system and confirms the latest drivers.
At this point I have run out of things to try. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
system-scan.txt.zip 5.5 K