Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300, how to use the examples in qt creator in ubuntu

YWen1
Beginner

hey all,

I have a SR300 in Ubuntu 14.04. I wonder how can I use the examples under the example folder.

I git cloned this repository and everything should work. I'm a graduate student at mechanical engineering, I know this question may appear naive. But any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi mitch,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Realsense™ Platform.

Could you be so kind to tell me which repository are referring to? It will be helpful in order to help us find a solution to your issue.

We will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos
YWen1
Beginner

I'm talking about the files under the "examples" folder. Here is the link, https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

Sorry I didn't leave much detail. I'm actually a graduate student in mechanical engineering. I got the camera yesterday and it confuses me a lot, but it's actually my bad.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Have you seen this discussion from a couple of months ago on QT Creator and the SR300, Mitch?

0 Kudos
YWen1
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. Actually I read this before and I think I imported the workspace into the QTcreator

But when I try to build this tutorial-1-depth, it gives the error " no rule to make target "all", stop", and I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Also, I wonder if you are familiar with ROS? If I may, could I ask you a few more questions?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Some people who have had this error fixed it by going to the Projects tab in QT Creator and un-ticking the 'Shadow' option in the build settings.

Others have found that a project name that is too long (more than 50 characters) or using exotic language symbols such as Greek can cause it. Since you are building a sample though that already has an acceptable project name, I would try un-ticking Shadow first.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mitch,

Did MartyG suggestion work? Please let us know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos