5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2017 3:54 PM by Edoardo

Intel DQ45CB BIOS corrupted?

Edoardo

I have a problem with the DQ45CB's BIOS.

Yesterday I changed the video output ( from BIOS ) to "inboard" and then I can't see anything, so i tried to:

• change the BIOS jumper position from "normal" to "configure" following Intel guides without success.
      • clear CMOS by removing battery ( for 1 hour ) without success.
      • unplug RAM and I get 3 beeps ( that might be good, right? )
      • Follow this guide -> Recovery BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® Desktop Boards but without success.

What's happened to my board?

Now if I boot my system I don't get the single beep that mean "BIOS ready to accept input" , is my BIOS corrupted?

• 1. Re: Intel DQ45CB BIOS corrupted?
          N.Scott.Pearson

Where is your monitor connected? If you set it to only use on-board graphics, then you must have it connected to one of the board's graphics connectors (DVI or HDMI). Your best bet is connecting to the DVI connector (I have heard of issues with the HDMI connector).

If the BIOS is initializing properly, it is possible to blindly reset its configuration. Follow this process:

1. Power on the board.
          2. Immediately begin pressing F2, over and over (approx. once ever two seconds), and continue to do so for ~20 seconds.
          3. Press F9 key.
          4. Press Y key.
          5. Press F10 key.
          6. Press Y key.

The system should then boot with graphics defaulting to automatic.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: Intel DQ45CB BIOS corrupted?
            Edoardo

Where is your monitor connected? If you set it to only use on-board graphics, then you must have it connected to one of the board's graphics connectors (DVI or HDMI). Your best bet is connecting to the DVI connector (I have heard of issues with the HDMI connector).

My board ( DQ45CB ) has two DVI ports and I use one of them ( DVI-D ) with a tools that convert DVI-D male to HDMI female so I connected this to a monitor with a HDMI cable.

This method works before BIOS issue.

I tried your solution without success, this probably because BIOS isn't initializing properly, 1 beep miss.

• 3. Re: Intel DQ45CB BIOS corrupted?
              Edoardo

After a lot of attempts I fixed BIOS issue thanks to this guide Recovery BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® Desktop Boards , for me it takes about 10 minutes.

Now I get this problem:

pNduhIt.jpg

cmxbzpP.jpg

What I have to do?

• 4. Re: Intel DQ45CB BIOS corrupted?
                N.Scott.Pearson

You need to replace the CR2032 battery on your board. You should be able to find one for less that US$10 at most corner stores.

Replace this battery with the system shutdown and disconnected from A/C power.

After you replace the battery, you will need to go into BIOS Setup and clear these events from within the BIOS Event Log. You will also have to set the date and time.

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Intel DQ45CB BIOS corrupted?
                  Edoardo

Thanks, it worked!