Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can not run GfxUI

KK16
Beginner

yesterday installed Intel video driver by using the "Intel Driver Update Utility".

But (after pc reboot) there is no intel control panel tray icon or menu item on the desktop.

I've tried to run GfxUIEx, Gfxv2_0 and Gfxv4_0 apps from the C:\Windows\System32 directory, but no control panel window is appears and no "gfx..." process is running in the task manager.

Please guide me how to run the control panel?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Tell us about your system. What processor model number? What operating system? What chipset?

Doc

0 Kudos
KK16
Beginner

>What processor model number?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

>What operating system?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]

>What chipset?

Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

is it helpful?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello k0st1x,

Would you please provide us with your system model, processor and operating system to better assist you?

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information, in this case, we can try installing the driver manually.

First, uninstall the driver you already installed, please see https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver, once the driver is uninstalled do not restart your system and disconnect the internet, this is to avoid Microsoft send any driver update, then install the latest driver manually, please see how to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

You can download the latest driver version for your system here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KK16
Beginner

just have tried.

1) uninstall intel drivers

2) reboot

3) install "Intel(R) Driver Update Utility"

4) update intel drivers via tool

5) reboot

I could not get it done without the internet so I made changes with network (I have win10enterprise and it must have access to corporate domain to have ability to login).

unfortunately it made no changes for me - there is no "intel graphics" context menu on the desktop and app Gfxuiex can not be started (no error message and no any window started)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please check if the solution at the following link works for you:

/thread/116532 https://communities.intel.com/thread/116532

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KK16
Beginner

I've checked "System Event Notification Service" and it is currently running without issues and its startup type is "automatic".

sad that no idea what it is going on - no errors, no messages, no logs

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm sorry that you can't launch the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel.

Did you have the software working fine before? If so, try doing a system restore to an earlier date when it was working fine. I'm saying to do a system restore because this seems to be an issue with the operating system, if the system restore does not solve the problem you might need to do a fresh installation of the operating system.

Please let me know how it goes.

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
KK16
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response. I thought that reinstallation is the only solution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please let us know how it goes.

Ivan U.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos