Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense Camera does not "wakeup" after sleep

JBouc2
Beginner

When my computer sleeps, the camera does not wake-up again; I need to restart my whole computer. I tried the USB huh power-management trick, but it didn't work, any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There was a case this week of a user who used their RealSense camera with both a laptop and an Intel NUC PC. The camera worked fine on the laptop, but on the NUC the camera would become unresponsive until the USB lead was unplugged and plugged back in. A Microsoft technical support person thought it may be because of outdated or incompatible driver software on the PC affected, accounting for why it worked fine on one PC but not the other.

Note that by 'drivers' the support guy did not necessarily mean RealSense drivers, since the USB sleep issue has also been reported for other devices such as USB mice, keyboards and external storage drives. It could be the PC's USB drivers that need updating.

0 Kudos
JBouc2
Beginner

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that multiple times. I think the real answer is here:

https://github.com/ideacreation/react-native-barcodescanner/pull/61/commits/7a7124e4c5894bc1ca86241905dcc062014785bd Fix black screen bug by make CameraManager a singleton by jiaminglu · Pull Request # 61 · ideacreation/react-native-barco…

But I don't know how to apply the code or use it for the fix. Is this java, do you know anything about this?

Thanks,

Jean

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Judging by the first line of the script, it is meant for use with Android smartphones, sadly.

android/src/main/java/com/eguma/barcodescanner/CameraManager.java

0 Kudos
JBouc2
Beginner

hmmm, bummer, thanks; this problem is a pain, JB

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Back in April, there was a case where an F200 camera was not waking after sleep. Intel support member Jose P said it was a known issue and offered a link to a site with a possible workaround.

0 Kudos
JBouc2
Beginner

Thanks much, Marty, apparently, there's officially no fix, mind boggling,

Thanks much,

Jean

0 Kudos