8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 1:49 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i7KYK - screen flickering issue.

lukas77

Hello,

My configuration is:

NUC6i7KYK connected to LG UHD 4K 55UH605V via HDMI cable, screen resolution is set to 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

Latest BIOS 00.48

Latest Display Driver 21.20.16.4678

HDMI 2.0 Firmware 0x20

I'm using Intel Driver Update Utility and all drivers are up to date.

I need to play a bit to make my screen stop flickering, normally when I boot the NUC my screen is flickering with configuration 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz, so to solve the issue I need to go to both Intel Graphics Settings and Windows Display Adapter Properties and do one of the 2 below scenarios:

1. Go to Intel Graphics Settings, switch to 30Hz and then go to Windows Display Adapter Properties and switch back to 60Hz.

2. Opposite to above, go to Windows Display Adapter Properties, switch to 30Hz then go to Intel Graphics Settings and switch back to 60Hz.

Switching back and forth in either Windows Display Adapter Properties or Intel Graphics Settings doesn't help. Strange, isn't it?

After the reboot issue is re-occurring.

Issue: Flickering - YouTube

I tested 3 different HDMI cables, I have now quite a collection at home, all cables are High Speed with Ethernet.

As I can see in other threads, this issue is still not fixed after almost a year and occurs in combination NUC HDMI -> 4K UHD TV.

I'm not interested of using DP port with adapter.