7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 6:38 AM by N.Scott.Pearson

DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti

MarkDav

Hello,

I recently acquired an EVGA 660Ti (02g-p4-3660-kr).

It's running BIOS version 80.04.4b.00.60 which is the pre-loaded BIOS.

The card works fine on a newer test motherboard, however, does not work on my PC's motherboard (Intel DH55TC).

I have tested other graphics cards with my motherboard and they work fine.

I have also tested my PSU to make sure that the PSU is not the issue as well as setting my BIOS to use PCI-E (PEG) as the default graphics output, however the motherboard cannot detect the card.

I updated BIOS to the latest (0048). There was a BIOS update prior to this that resolved graphics cards not being detected, however Intel may have missed something here.

I flashed a firmware that supports UEFI using my test motherboard, but that doesn't help either. I flashed it back.

I also tried resetting the CMOS (with and without the card installed) and that didn't help either.

The card isn't detected in Windows as it is not detected even in BIOS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti
          MarkDav

To re-iterate on the firmware I flashed, it was a BIOS update for the GPU itself.

• 2. Re: DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello MarkDav,

My apologies for any inconvenient.

It seems like you might be facing a compatibility issue between the motherboard and the graphics card, from your description you have done all the possible troubleshooting steps in order to address this. Since the issue still persists, bear in mind that your motherboard is a legacy product, so this can be the main reason for the incompatibility issue.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 3. Re: DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti
              MarkDav

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your response.

I have realized that this is a legacy product. By posting this here in the community I was hoping that someone would have had a similar issue with a resolution.

I suppose there is no chance for Intel to release to me a new (beta) BIOS update (perhaps unreleased publicly) that would resolve this issue, or some hints on any workarounds?

There was a BIOS update a while back which addressed external graphics cards not working, and it seems that the issues were not completely fixed.

What were the actual issues that were discovered and resolved?

The card works in an older motherboard than this (D975XBX2), so there must be an issue with the board's firmware.

Once again, if Intel can't help, I was hoping that someone would have had a similar issue with a resolution.

Regards,

Mark.

• 4. Re: DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti
                N.Scott.Pearson

Mark,

There is absolutely zero chance of seeing a BIOS update for this board at this time. As Intel left the Desktop Boards business a number of years ago, there are no resources that could deliver a BIOS update.

Sorry, but this is the reality of the situation...

...S

• 5. Re: DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti
                  MarkDav

Worth a shot

Still, I'm honored and thankful that Intel responded to my post!

If anyone had this board and has also faced similar issues with newer cards, I would be interested.

- Mark

• 6. Re: DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti
                    Intel Corporation
                    This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

You can get more information regarding the fixes on the BIOS within the BIOS release notes which you can find in the following link. Unfortunately all the support and drivers for this motherboard are limited the information posted here: Downloads for Intel® Desktop Board DH55TC. Since the motherboard is End of Interactive Support is not likely to get more updates. 

Let's hope that other community members can add more feedback.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 7. Re: DH55TC not detecting Nvidia 660Ti
                      N.Scott.Pearson

I am not technically Intel, since I am retired.

...S