Dear Sirs, I have a wacom cintiq companion with windows 10 and Intel HD 4000 graphics. Every drivers is updated.
After a windows update, in march, Trimble Sketchup 2017 software does not work properly anymore.
Trimble says to stop windows update...
Did you get your latest driver from Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4000 ?
There is a yet newer one not listed there:
Did you submit a "BugSplat report" as described at
Furthermore it reads "Run Windows Update prior to installing SketchUp 2017" as opposed to what you claim above.
- Did you get your latest driver from Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4000 ?
- There is a yet newer one not listed there: -NEW- 126.96.36.19953: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*/8.1*/10 [3rd Generation]
- Did you submit a "BugSplat report" as described at
- Furthermore it reads "Run Windows Update prior to installing SketchUp 2017" as opposed to what you claim above.
I tries everything. My w10 is updated, I have applied all the upgrade, I tried to unistall and re-install Sketchup 2017.
I tried also 206 and 2015 release. Still the same problem.
It is not a crash, simply Sketchup freeze for some seconds when using select tool with left mouse click. It works when
I use right mouse click (but menu appears)
The issue appeared on March due to a Flash security update (unistalling it it worked). After the "creators update" the issue disappeared
for a while, then due to some windows update, the issue appears again.
On sketchup forum I found a user suggest this workaround:
1. de-install intel hd 4000 driver
2. restart windows
3. go to device-manager -> HD4000 -> update -> browse -> pick from a list -> have disk -> browse to location of gfx-driver-ini (use zip file type to extrac somewere)
4. restart windows
It works. If you use the exe driver install file it won't works. In this way works.
As the user say, sometimes, some updates recover drivers so you have to redo this workaround.
This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
It seems that the driver got corrupted after the Windows update and it needed to be reinstalled to correct the error.
I’m glad that this issue has been resolved with this work around that you kindly shared with us.