Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

What is VC_CRT_x64 version 1.02.0000?

GRitt
Beginner

What installs it and is it relevant with Intel Network Connections 21.1.30.0? We are very security conscience and want to remove this software if it has no purpose. I am wondering if this was installed by an older version of Intel Network Connections and is no longer needed. Is this just a registry file that can be removed?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Grit2017,

Thank you for posting at Wired Communities. Just to double check where did you see this software VC_CRT_x64 ? What is the Intel wired driver you installed? I need to further check.

Thanks,

sharon

0 Kudos
GRitt
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

We are using Industrial Defender and it is identifying the software. We are required by company policy to maintain strict baseline information on specific assets. Below is additional information from the Windows Registry on a

machine that has it installed. It looks like it might be tied to an old version of Intel Network Connections 12.7.28.0 and likely can be removed but I would like confirmation on that from you. As I mentioned in my post, we recently

upgraded to Intel Network Connections 21.1.30.0. Let me know if you need additional information. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Grit2017,

Thank you for the information. I will further check on this. For the meantime, what is the exact network adapter model and what is the Windows operating system used here?

Rgds,

sharon

0 Kudos
GRitt
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

Windows 7 Enterprise Service pack 1. The systems are using Intel Ethernet I210-T1 GbE NIC and Intel Ethernet Connection I217-LM with Teaming enabled. I am seeking confirmation on what the software (Intel VC_CRT_x64.MSI) actually did/does and if it is still associated in any way to newer versions of Intel Network Connections software. I believe this is old stuff that never got properly cleaned up when software was upgraded. Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Grit2017,

Thank you for the information. I will further investigate on this.

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Grit2017,

Further checking, this file was included in older versions of our software and It is harmless. This file is no longer installed by our newer driver packages and not associated with newer driver installations.

In older software releases, it was located in PROWinx64 | APPS | PROSETDX | Winx64. This file was used to install the C Runtime windows libraries and they were dynamically linked before which is what the MSI install was for, now they are statically built into our DLLs.

Hope this clarifies.

thank,

sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Grit2017,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed.

Thanks,

sharon
0 Kudos
GRitt
Beginner

Sharon,

The information you have provided confirmed what I was looking for and no further action is required. Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Grit2017,

Thank you for the reply and glad to be of help.

regards,

sharon

0 Kudos