1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 11:03 AM by Intel Corporation

VL53L0X connection problems

HWEG

Hi,  Im jaeuk Lee from South Korea.

I try to connected VL53L0X (data sheet : http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/group3/b2/1e/33/77/c6/92/47/6b/DM00279086/files/DM00…)

And I read some source from GitHub (VL53L0X/VL53L0Xtest.py at master · popunder/VL53L0X · GitHub , VL53L0X/vl53l0x.py at master · victorchinn/VL53L0X · GitHub , vl53l0x-arduino/VL53L0X.h at master · pololu/vl53l0x-arduino · GitHub  )

but I confused about VL53L0X register map ST company didn't published a register map. So their are my code and compile screen shot.

스크린샷 2017-07-07 오후 1.15.43.png

User's source tell me Distance read register = 0x14 but 'I think' 0x14 is not reveal some data

how can I solved these problem?

thank you

• 1. Re: VL53L0X connection problems
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Jaeuk,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Edison Breakout Board.

I have to inform you that code debugging is out of the scope of our technical support team.

Although, I may be able to provide some insight. What I understand from your post is that you can’t get any output from register 0x14. I checked the links you provided (specifically the one showing VL53L0Xtest.py) and saw that accessing register 0x14 has to be done through the bus.read_i2c_block_data() function.

If you have any other update or question related to the Edison module itself, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Andres V.