3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 1:07 PM by Intel Corporation

esrv.exe error

cineeyes

I recently updated windows 10 to version 1703.  Everytime I start the computer (Dell laptop XPS l502x) I get an error notification that exrv.exe won't start.  I have tried updating the Intel Driver Update Utility but the problem persists.  Is there a fix or do I need to be patient until there is one.

• 1. Re: esrv.exe error
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello cineeyes,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your laptop.

As you may know, the exrv.exe service is related to the Intel® Driver Update Utility.
          In this case, I would recommend uninstalling the software and get drivers directly from Dell, this because the Intel® Driver Update Utility works better on Intel® Boards & Kits. 
          On the other hand, I looked for the model number of your laptop, and according to Dell's Support Site, Windows® 10 is not listed as a compatible Operating System for your laptop.
          As a second recommendation, it would be good to rollback to a supported OS for your computer.

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,
          Juan V.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: esrv.exe error
            cineeyes

Thanks Juan V.,

I did delete the software and no longer get that pop-up warning.  As per your second recommendation, I am going to stay with Windows 10 until I get a new computer.  When I "upgraded" to Windows 10, the microsoft upgrade said my laptop was compatible.  Outside of being ransom hacked and phished, the program has run smoothly.  FYI: my warranty with Dell ran out long ago.  They were very unhelpful when I did get ransom-hacked (I didn't pay) and while I like the product, I find it offensive that I would have to pay to talk with them.

I appreciate your quick response and thoughts,

Anthony C.

• 3. Re: esrv.exe error
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi cineeyes,

You are welcome. Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Regards,
              Juan V.