8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 7:49 PM by Intel Corporation

PTT on Linux

melanus

So I am trying to encrypt my file system, ideally by LUKS, and one way to do this is using the TPM chip, but my NUC does not have one. I am looking to use PTT to store the key, but I am unsure of how to go about this. I have already gone into the BIOS to enable PTT, but I am kind of lost on how to continue. If anyone knows, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: PTT on Linux
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.
          In order to provide the most accurate response, we will do further research on this matter. Could you please provide the specific model of the NUC you are using?
          I also encourage all the peers in our communities, that if they have additional comments or further suggestions on this matter to post all the information on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: PTT on Linux
            melanus

I am using the Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH. I also contacted Intel Chat support and they told me to contact, Linux, but if you could help me in any way, that would be great.

• 3. Re: PTT on Linux
              Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for providing that information.

Yes, the thing is that the tests done by Intel on the NUC were done using Windows. However, we do know that are many customers using the NUC with Linux successfully.
              To visit their forums will be the best thing to do, but we will do further research in order to try to provide the information you are looking for:
              http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/

As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
              Alberto R

• 4. Re: PTT on Linux
                melanus

Fantastic, thanks! I have already posted there, and am currently waiting for a response. If you find anything out sooner, please let me know! Thanks again!

• 5. Re: PTT on Linux
                  Intel Corporation

You are welcome. Perfect, hopefully they will be able to provide further details about this matter. I just received some updates from the research we were doing and according to that information, the PTT firmware is agnostic to the operating system; it might operate correctly on the non-supported operating systems; nevertheless Intel has only verified the correct functionality of the firmware on the supported operating systems, in this case Windows.

Regards,
                  Alberto R

• 6. Re: PTT on Linux
                    melanus

Could you elaborate a bit? If I am understanding correctly, you are saying that it is definitely supported on Windows, and it possibly is on LInux, but Intel has not verified, right?

Also i posted on the linux forums a while ago and have not received a response yet. Do you have any suggestions for following up?

• 7. Re: PTT on Linux
                      Intel Corporation

: That is correct. And at this point to wait for their response will be the best thing to do.

Regards,
                      Alberto R

• 8. Re: PTT on Linux
                        Intel Corporation

: I just wanted to check if you received a response from the forums of Linux?

Regards,
                        Alberto R