Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

How HP computers start by PXE?

idata
Employee

Hello, I'm provisioning computers with SCCM 2007 SP1. I have several HP and Dell models. They are provisioning correctly,

I can access the power cycle console OOBM, and when I try to start to PXE on Dell computers (AMT 5.0)

when he shows me the option to press F12, I press the ESC + @ and working correctly, whereas in the HP (3.2.10 and AMT

AMT 4.1), i can see that the key combination is the same (ESC+@ ==> ESC+ALTGr+2 in spanish keyboard), but that does not work.

I changed the keyboard language and still not working, someone else happens with HP computers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

So the main issue is the Terminal Emulation that HP uses on the platforms, If you go into the AMT section you can see two Terminal Emulaitons - PC ANSI and VT100 - I suggest you switch the terminal emulation and see if the key strokes work. If it does not then you should submit a bug to HP, describing the platform and behavior you mention here. This support is built into there BIOS so they will need to make an update. Don't forget to also update to the latest BIOS/vPro FW available on the Hp web site jsut incase they have already fixed this

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Which Model HP units are you using? DC7800/7900 etc?

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Simon, The HP model is DC7800, why?

0 Kudos