13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 10:48 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel NUC7i3BNH Randomly reboots every few days / when TV is turned on

andras.na

Hi All,

I've been trying to get to the source of this issue and have read many of the posts on this forum, and have been trying to solve this random reboot issue for weeks now. Please see below:

NUC Details:

Model: NUC7i3BNH

SSD: Crucial MX300 275GB M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive - CT275MX300SSD4 (Updated to latest Firmware: M0CR050)

RAM: Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-17000) SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT2K8G4SFD8213

OS: Windows 10 Pro (1703 - fully updated as of July 3rd, 2017)

Drivers: See: nuc_drivers.jpg

Bios: 0047 Latest

HDMI Firmware: v1.66

Other:

2x USB 3.0 Hard Drives attached

Connected to a Samsung KS8000 TV via HDMI 2.0 cable

Windows is set to never sleep, never spin down HDDs

Symptoms:

Unit reboots every few days, always while the TV is off, I've never had it crash/reboot while the display was active.

Upon further investigation the act of "turning on the TV" seems to trigger the reboot, I've tested this because the machine also acts as a file server, and the server services are accessible while the display is off.

Two Scenarios:

1) Turn on the TV, either it is still on the HDMI input for the NUC or have to switch to it via the remote, no crash, windows desktop is shown on the TV without issue. Everything works

2) Turn on the TV, either it is still on the HDMI input for the NUC or have to switch to it via the remote, get a black screen and eventually a message on the TV "No device connected to HDMI 4" at this point I either wait, or power cycle the TV when it comes back on I can see the NUC booting, and then the Windows 10 login screen. It appears totally random, but usually I get one of these reboots every 2-3 days.

MiniDump files below:

Intel Update Utility showing updated drivers: nuc_drivers.jpg

BlueScreenView of minidump: nuc_minidmp_bluescreenview.jpg

Minidump File: 070117-5265-01.dmp

Can provide Event Viewer logs as well if needed. I'm willing to gather as much info as needed for troubleshooting, just let me know!

Thanks in advance!