Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Getting issues in Mozilla Firefox as- display driver intel HD graphics drivers for windows 8(r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered|| i5 6th-Generation laptop with Intel HD graphics520

idata
Employee

I have been repeatedly getting issues while browsing with Mozilla Firefox. The whole window (and each tab) goes black. The pop-up in System tray says- display driver intel HD graphics drivers for windows 8(r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Unfortunately, as all working tabs go black, have to atleast discontinue work and close firefox and start everything from zero. Sometimes it even happened during transactions which is really bothersome.

I have checked for driver updates at Device Manager and its all latest updated. Please help resolve this.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ajits_Intel,

My apologies for the inconvenience.

In order to help you to resolve this issue I would to request some information regarding your system configuration, so respond the questions below.

• Provide your computer model.
  • Operating system installed.
  • Intel® HD Graphics driver installed. Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Amy,

Thanks for quick revert.

The required information is as follows:

• Provide your computer model.

Laptop: Lenovo B41-80; Model Name 80LG

• Operating system installed.

Windows 8.1

• Intel® HD Graphics driver installed. Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Intel HD Graphics 520, Driver Version: 10.18.15.4279 (taken from Device Manager as per above)

Kindly do feel free to ask for any other information required.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for this information.

In order to address this matter please follow these suggestions;

Uninstall the current driver with these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver.
  4. Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Once done proceed to install the following version:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26836/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45] with these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Amy,

Once again thanks for prompt revert.

1. I have downloaded the .zip file of driver mentioned above and kept extracted folder ready.

2. Have followed the steps of Uninstalling the Display drivers as per instructed in your last reply. After restart it was to Microsoft basic drivers as mentioned in 5th point of Manual installation procedure for Windows 8.1 (confirms uninstall step was complete and successful).

3. During manual installation, unfortunately it encountered a problem. The screenshot is as below:

I am unable to understand phrase "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". There was no processes initiated by me as it's fresh restart of laptop/system after uninstall step.

Kindly provide your view or guidance for same.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/115979 Ajits_Intel, my apologies for the inconvenience.

I have sent you a private message, please check your inbox for it.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Amy C.,

Thanks for the message, I followed same and now the driver is successfully installed.

Let me use the system with this driver for couple of days and will post reply with its experience i.e. resolution of display driver error.

Once again thanks for you continued support.

Regards,

Ajits_Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Good to hear!

Sure, let us know the progress.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Issue Resolved.

The installation of latest driver, downloaded from Intel website, was successful after it was run from downloaded folder (of recent drivers) saved on desktop. And thus problem got resolved.

-------------------------------------------------------

A word of attention:

In the due course of above resolution, the problem with Mozilla reappeared. When checked, it was found that the display drivers are back to 2015 version. I reinstalled the latest drivers again from the same folder kept on desktop.

However, then I kept monitoring the drivers regularly and noticed-- that during one of routine updates from Microsoft windows 8.1 the problem reappeared.

On getting into matter it was the Optional updates from Microsoft, which I have kept ON, was reinstalling display driver of 2015 version.

THUS, KEEP EYE ON OPTIONAL UPDATE FROM MICROSOFT, it may reverse our (client and Intel's) efforts of resolving issue.

--------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I am more than satisfied that the problem was satisfactorily resolved with great support from Intel.

Thank you team Intel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/115979 Ajits_Intel, thank you for confirming this! I am glad to hear is fixed.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos