8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 5:38 AM by FGT

Suggestions

FGT

Hi,

Now that "Intel® Galileo Discontinued", Is there any information about

a) replacement/Intel Galileo for IoT other than those discontinued products?

b) the next level of community forum-based support for Intel Galileo (beyond archiving)?

TIA,

Fernando.

• 1. Re: Suggestions
          ctan94x_intel

Hi Fernado,

I will check with my division to get that information for you.

We will keep you posted on the updates.

Thank you.

Regards

CK

Intel Customer Support

• 2. Re: Suggestions
            ctan94x_intel

Hi Fernado,

You may refer to Intel® Galileo Discontinuation Notice for more information.

Thank you.

Regards

CK

Intel Customer Support

• 3. Re: Suggestions
              FGT

Hi ctan94x_intel,

Please tell me how I'd know the answers to my questions from the information you referred me to... I'll copy the text so maybe you will be able to ellaborate:

Intel is discontinuing Intel® Galileo and Intel® Galileo Gen 2 development boards. To help customers manage through the Intel Galileo discontinuance, Intel will support last time orders of Intel Galileo boards through September 16, 2017 and will fulfill those orders through December 16, 2017. The current level of community forum-based support for Intel Galileo will continue to be available through September 15, 2017. There are no further software releases planned for the Intel Galileo platform. After September 15, 2017, Intel will archive its online resources and maintain availability to the Intel Galileo community until June 15, 2020. Files licensed under open source licenses will continue to be generally available in binary and source code on GitHub.

And my questions remain to be:

b) the next level of community forum-based support for Intel Galileo (beyond archiving)?

TIA,

Fernando,

• 4. Re: Suggestions
                ctan94x_intel

Hi Fernado,

Oops, sorry for the information provided was incomplete. However, I am still waiting for my division's feedback and will keep you posted once I heard from them.

Thank you.

Regards

CK

Intel Customer Support

• 5. Re: Suggestions
                  FGT

Thank you,

Fernando.

• 6. Re: Suggestions
                    FGT

Just in case, after more than a week I asked, my own answers are:

==> No replacement, no similar, or at least not suggested/documented by Intel, maybe Intel 101 is similar, but beyond having its "own linux", and maybe it's "waiting in the line" to be discontinued.

==> None.

BR,

Fernando.

• 7. Re: Suggestions
                      Chai Boon Cheah

Hi Fernando,

I am Joseph from Intel Customer Support division. To address your question, here is our explanation after discussed with owning division "IOTG".

For:

Ans: If your product design is based on Intel Galileo reference, we suggest you to continue the design based on what you have today. Moving forward, we will have Intel C1000 Atlas Peak and D2000 Mint Valley as captured in the link below (as for your reference):

C1000: Intel® Quark™ SE Microcontroller C1000: Features

D2000: Intel® Quark™ Microcontroller D2000: Features

Ans: Based on the document stated here: Intel® Galileo Discontinuation Notice . "After September 15, 2017, Intel will archive its online resources and maintain availability to the Intel Galileo community until June 15, 2020". Means our team will continue this forum support until the mentioned date as part of the sustaining mode.

I hope this gave you a details on our current product roadmap and also support forum availability period.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Joseph

Intel Customer Support

• 8. Re: Suggestions
                        FGT

Thank you very much,

Fernando.