2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 8:57 AM by alinus2017

Do you have any experience about set up kali linux on intel computer stick?

dinaaprel

Do you have any experience about set up kali linux on intel computer stick?

• 1. Re: Do you have any experience about set up kali linux on intel computer stick?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello dinaaprel,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, Intel only validated Windows for the Intel® Compute stick, but some owners of Intel® Compute Sticks has reported some Linux* versions as compatible.

At this point, we can wait for a Intel® Compute stick user who has installed this operating system to guide you how to do it or you can post your question at the Linux* community:
          https://www.kali.org/community/
          NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

• 2. Re: Do you have any experience about set up kali linux on intel computer stick?
            alinus2017

I have installed the last version (01.072017) of the Archlinux ISO on a STK2M364CC stick with Xfce4 windows manager.

The only diffculty I have had is that the wifi driver was not up to date (erreur 2 in dmesg at driver loading) so I have installed the ISO and after updated the ilwifi driver to 28 version (copy to /lib/firmware/).

I made the installation with a wired Internet connection (I use an USB adapter connected to the Intel Stick) because install of Arch packages needs connection to Internet to work (pacman) and  I would have to install NetworkManager package to set up a wifi connection....

Another thing is that you have to read a lot of things on the Arch Wiki to know what to do during install so it is a good idea to have another computer connected to the Net.

I also have installed the last Gnome Shell (Gnome 3) window manager. It worked well but it use too much RAM while Xfce is faster to start and only needs 2Go of RAM.