3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 2:58 PM by Intel Corporation

Has CSMI support for NVMe devices?

hdj

Has CSMI support for NVMe devices, and where to get the newest spec?Support CommunitySolid State DrivesChipsets

• 1. Re: Has CSMI support for NVMe devices?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello hdj,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I understand you want to get information about CSMI. Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?

By CSMI you are referring to Common Storage Management Interface or CSMI command?
          Do you want to get information about Intel NVME SSDs that support CSMI?
          Do you want to know if Intel® RST Supports NMVE?
          By getting the newest spec, are you referring to any specific chipset or SSD from a specific vendor?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
          Juan V.

• 2. Re: Has CSMI support for NVMe devices?
            hdj

By CSMI you are referring to Common Storage Management Interface or CSMI command?

Common Storage Management Interface

Do you want to get information about Intel NVME SSDs that support CSMI?

No

Do you want to know if Intel® RST Supports NMVE?

Yes.

By getting the newest spec, are you referring to any specific chipset or SSD from a specific vendor?

We build an SSD utility and test it with our own NVMe SSD at Thinkpad P50 serial(Open Raid mode), but we have no any CSMI references for NVMe SSD

• 3. Re: Has CSMI support for NVMe devices?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello hdj,

Thank you for the information.

Let me do further research on this and I will update this thread once I have more details.

Best Regards,
              Juan V.