Items with no label
3335 Discussions

About Intel RealSense SDK Sample(when i run SR300 Face Tracking C# ,it was not work)

lzou3
Beginner

Hi Guys,

Did you have any about SR300 Face Tracking question ? when I ran the sample application(if I detect more than 4 people, it wasn't work), like this .

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Problems with multiple face tracking is a known issue with RealSense. The official statement about it is here.

The advice is to use the C# implementation of face tracking in the R3 SDK, or to use the '2016 R2' version of the SDK for face applications.

I could not tell from your image whether you were running the C# sample in the R2 or R3 version of the SDK, so it would be helpful if you could tell me that, please. Thanks!

0 Kudos
lzou3
Beginner

MartyG, Thanks very much.

I use C# implementation of face tracking in the R3 SDK. I think C# doesn't work in R3 SDK when multiple face tracking.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

My own unofficial approach is to not recommend using multiple face detection at all. I can appreciate that it is not that simple though, as a crash can occur if somebody simply walks into the camera view as they pass by behind you in a room.

0 Kudos
lgre
Beginner

Yes I was facing the same crash with R3.

I can confirm that face tracking with R3 works well only with one face but rapidly crash with several faces (C# , C++, Unity)

I adapted my project (C# Unity) with R2 and it works well with face tracking on several faces.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks for the feedback about R2, Laugre! That's very useful to know, as I haven't had direct hands-on experience of multi-face detection in R2 myself, so the reports of helpful community members such as yourself who have tried it is invaluable. .

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Laugre, thank you for your feedback. I edited this article, /community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/06/20/known-issue-crash-in-libpxcfaceidcdll-in-realsense-sdk-r3 Known Issue: Crash in libpxcface_idc.dll in RealSense SDK R3, to reflect your experience with C# on SDK R3.

Jesus

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos