Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

IccMax values in XTU: how do they affect stability/power/performance?

idata
Employee

I can't find any information on the web, or user-friendly explanations at least.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Fabio_V,

Let me double check this matter, in the meantime you can also try posting here: http://forum.hwbot.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130 Intel XTU HWBOT Integration - HWBOT forum for peer to peer assistance.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hello /thread/115613 Fabio_V,

There is very few documentation about it but basically the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) in general helps out to reduce possible negative incidents when trying to overclock the system. When playing with IccMax stability could be negatively affected, power will increase and performance should be better if done correctly.

I am attaching a picture of what I am looking at, is this the same that you are referring to?

If you need more information, can you provide me with more details about what you are trying to accomplish?

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there!

Yes, we're looking at the same parameter. Of course values are different, because my CPU is an i7 6700HQ (on a MSI GE72VR 6RF Apache Pro).

What I want to accomplish is to have at least a couple of profiles: one with lower power consumption for reduced temps and extended battery life, the other one trying to squeeze a little more power from the CPU.

Currently I've been trying to make the first profile, mainly by undervolting. I'm attaching a screenshot for letting you know what I mean, maybe you can point me in better directions.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hello /thread/115613 Fabio_V,

I don't really have any specific recommendation. XTU allows you to set up and test the configuration that works better for you. If you have any specific question please let me know.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos