6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2017 3:08 AM by lucasdemarchi

wifi drops

edmyers

I keep encountering various wifi network drops when logged into the RTF drone.

Sometimes I am able to reestablish the wifi network connection and continue the session.

Other times, the drone apparently reboots.  The dmesg output with a lot of error messages from the wifi driver is enclosed.

During the time of the message, the network dropped twice and had to be reestablished.

By reestablish, I mean that I have to go to (this is a mac) System Preferences->Network and reselect the drone ap network.

gene

• 1. Re: wifi drops
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Gene,

That's weird, could you try to flash the OS again and provide us the output of the command aero-get-version.py?

You should get the following output:

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.12_Prod
          OS_VERSION = v1.3.1
          AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8
          FPGA_VERSION = 0xc0

I will be waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Leonardo R.

• 2. Re: wifi drops
            edmyers

Leonardo,

I refreshed the O/S to no avail and tried downloading a new copy of the O/S and did another refresh with the same results.

The output from aero-get-version.py had similar results to what you show.  Here is the different line:

OS_VERSION = Poky Aero (Intel Aero Linux Distro) 1.3.1 (Krogoth)"

On a possibly similar note, I cannot get usb0 to work.  I suspect it is the usb adaptor and I have tried several that claim linux compatibility but nothing seems to work. My Mac indicates a connection, and the adapter's lights flash.  pings fail with timeouts/the host is down errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it is hard to do development with unreliable network connections.

gene

• 3. Re: wifi drops
              Intel Corporation

Hello Gene,

I'm not sure why this is happening with your Aero RTF, please allow me to investigate more about this and I'll get back to you as soon as I have information related to this.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,
              Leonardo R.

• 4. Re: wifi drops
                edmyers

After reading some posts on the net concerning wifi interference caused by USB 3.0, etc, I did some testing over the weekend.

What I determined, was that the problem was caused by using an USB 3.0 OTG cable.  Once I switched to a USB 2.0 OTG cable, the problem went away.  I then tested the interface for several hours and suffered no drops.

gene

• 5. Re: wifi drops
                  Intel Corporation

Hi Gene,

That's great, thank you so much for letting us know.

Feel free to contact us when you have issues using your Aero RTF.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                  Leonardo R.

• 6. Re: wifi drops
                    lucasdemarchi

edmyers glad you solved it. Regarding the usb-ethernet, it should be solved on the 1.4 release. Let me know if you still have problems