Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

How to access an Optane enabled SATA from within WinPE

TBroo1
Beginner

I assumed that in order to access the Optane enabled sata, it would be done similar to methods used for Raid. I've tried that, it don't seem to work. I don't use it or have secure boot turned on in my bios. Is there any drivers that can be loaded? Anyone know of any good disk imaging software for backups that can recognize these Optane type volumes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello XinteriX,

In order to access your Optane™ enabled drive from Windows* recovery you must inject the Intel® RST 15.5 driver to your image beforehand. The steps to do this are detailed on the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf Intel® Optane™ Installation and User Guide Section 3+ (page 7).

If you need any clarification or assistance with those steps, do let us know. We're always glad to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello XinteriX,

In order to access your Optane™ enabled drive from Windows* recovery you must inject the Intel® RST 15.5 driver to your image beforehand. The steps to do this are detailed on the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf Intel® Optane™ Installation and User Guide Section 3+ (page 7).

If you need any clarification or assistance with those steps, do let us know. We're always glad to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos