6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 1:02 PM by Intel Corporation

partition changing

Ayyappan91

Download the Edison Linux source files.

where is the source file ??

where i have to done this process

Decompress the source file: tar xvf <file Name>.

in bsp guide i run the first command but its showing me an error like

root@Sparky:~# sudo apt-get install build-essential git diffstat gawk chrpath texinfo libtool gcc-multilib

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

chrpath is already the newest version.

diffstat is already the newest version.

gawk is already the newest version.

libtool is already the newest version.

texinfo is already the newest version.

build-essential is already the newest version.

git is already the newest version.

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

gcc-multilib : Depends: gcc-4.6-multilib (>= 4.6.3-1~) but it is not going to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

please provide me a step by step process

• 1. Re: partition changing
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Ayyappan91,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can download the source from https://iotdk.intel.com/src/3.5/edison/.

The following steps have been tested by a couple of users and myself in https://communities.intel.com/thread/111630:

Make sure you are using Ubuntu 14.04 (I tested this steps on kernel version 4.4.0-38-generic) and have the following versions of Git, tar, and Python:

Git 1.7.8 or greater
          tar 1.24 or greater
          Python 2.7.3 or greater excluding Python 3.x, which is not supported.

Install all the dependencies with the command:

sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib \
               build-essential chrpath socat libsdl1.2-dev xterm

Download and unzip iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606.zip (http://iotdk.intel.com/src/3.5/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606.zip).

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-intel-edison/meta-intel-edison-distro/recipes-core/images/edison-image.bb  and comment or delete the following lines:

IMAGE_INSTALL += "iotkit-comm-js"
          IMAGE_INSTALL += "iotkit-comm-c-dev"

Go to http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-java/commit/recipes-core/icedtea/openjdk-7-03b147/sigsegv.patchid=97f81e65843dd1e01c55cae528fd766dd13a265d

Download the patch and unzip it.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/ant and delete the file called ant-native_1.8.1.bb, replace it with the file with the same name found in <path_to_downloaded_and_unzipped_patch>/meta-java-master/recipes-core/ant/.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/icedtea/ and delete the file called icedtea7-native_2.1.3.bb, replace it with the file with the same name found in <path_to_downloaded_and_unzipped_patch>/meta-java-master/recipes-core/icedtea/.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/icedtea/openjdk-7-03b147/ and delete the file fix-checksums.patch, replace it with the file with the same name found in <path_to_downloaded_and_unzipped_patch>/meta-java-master/recipes-core/icedtea/openjdk-7-03b147/.

Go to iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-intel-iot-devkit/recipes-connectivity/bacnet-stack and open the file called bacnet-stack_0.8.2.bb. Look for the line:

SRC_URI = "http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacnet/files/bacnet-stack/bacnet-stack-${PV}/bacnet-stack-${PV}.tgz \

And change it for:

SRC_URI = "https://svwh.dl.sourceforge.net/project/bacnet/bacnet-stack/bacnet-stack-0.8.2/bacnet-stack-0.8.2.tgz \

Then follow the usual steps:

cd iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/
          source oe-init-build-env ../build_edison/
          bitbake edison-image u-boot
          ../poky/meta-intel-edison/utils/flash/postBuild.sh .
          zip -r toFlash.zip toFlash

If you have issues building the image, you can also check https://communities.intel.com/thread/111630, on the latter pages, a user provided new ways to build the image with newer kernels and some other add-ons.

I hope this information helps you,
          Pedro M.

• 2. Re: partition changing
            Ayyappan91

Good day

I have finsihed the process that you have explained me but i have faced some error while

source oe-init-build-env ../build_edison/

its showing permission denied

please re type what i have to type in clearly

i have to type both source or-init-build-env../build_edison/

i cant build the image why its show trouble is their any steps for involving in building the parttions.

if i want to remove this please provide me the detailed informations

thanks in advance

• 3. Re: partition changing
              Intel Corporation

Could you please share the error message with us? It is very strange that you got a permission denied message, I have never seen this personally. Are you the administrator or the PC that you're using? Or, is this PC perhaps owned by your school and limit your account in some way?

Anyway, please do share the error message, it will be of much help.
              Pedro M.

• 4. Re: partition changing
                Intel Corporation

Hello Ayyappan91,

Do you have any updates about this?

Pedro M.

• 5. Re: partition changing
                  Ayyappan91

Good day I have tried I can't done to increase the root size

If possible can you increase the root memory for 2.5 gb and give me the image

Kindly do me a favour I can't create or build my image

Please help me with this

• 6. Re: partition changing
                    Intel Corporation

Hi Ayyappan91,

I'm confused, you mentioned that you want to change the partition of the Edison but on the steps you shared, it seemed as if you were trying to build Edison's image, that's why I shared with you the steps I used to build the image. 

Unfortunately, I'm not able to build the image for you. If you are interested in changing the partition sizes of the image you indeed need to build the image but you have to take into consideration this document:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005955.html

Nevertheless, please try building the image with the steps I shared plus the information in that document. Make sure you are using Ubuntu 14, the instructions do not work on Ubuntu 16. If you have any issues, please post the error message here and we'll try to help you.

Pedro M.