Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Can I make my Intel Optane Memory Module a drive?

NTadr
Beginner

I was wondering if I could delete all the data on my module and then add a new NTFS volume and install windows on it to try to get an extremely fast experience?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello GameworldCEO,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

To answer your question, the Intel® Optane™ Memory module can be used also as an SSD. Just to double check, do you have the 32GB module?

This because the module of 16GB can be easily filled up with just the installation of the Operating System and don't leave you enough space for programs.

We do suggest to use it as an accelerator as it will improve the quality of your SATA drive.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Nestor C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello GameworldCEO,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

To answer your question, the Intel® Optane™ Memory module can be used also as an SSD. Just to double check, do you have the 32GB module?

This because the module of 16GB can be easily filled up with just the installation of the Operating System and don't leave you enough space for programs.

We do suggest to use it as an accelerator as it will improve the quality of your SATA drive.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
NTadr
Beginner

No, I only have the 16GB but I will only use it as an OS drive and I will install my programs on another SSD. But will be it fast as an M.2 SSD or in between a regular SSD and M.2 or slower than that? And can it also be used as Virtual ram?

0 Kudos