5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2017 2:59 PM by JayFrancis Branched to a new discussion.

Euclid Realsense ROS SLAM Demo

JayFrancis

Hi,

Is there a recommended SLAM demo for ROS on the Euclid?  One that actually builds maps that can be displayed with rViz?

I saw pointers to the R300 RealSense SLAM samples in a prior message thread.

Specifically, using code from here: GitHub - IntelRealSense/realsense_samples_ros: Sample code illustrating how to develop ROS applications using the Intel®…

Once I eliminated the realsense_ros_object piece of the project (as noted in a different thread that the "object" headers aren't in the current Euclid distribution), I was able to build the samples and run the SLAM demo.

However, the SLAM code doesn't actually start (rViz runs, but is not receiving any map messages).  I can also tell it's not working because I never even get the "Starting SLAM..." info message on the console.

I suspect there are subtle issues, such as which topics the sample code expects to have accel and gyro samples published.

Before I really beat myself up trying to figure out what I may be doing wrong (or right), can someone from Intel give me at least a thumbs up or down whether any of this should work?

It would be really great to have a working SLAM example for the Euclid...  Or, at least a promise of one soon.

Thanks,

Jay