Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Chipset G41 Express can't be installed/updated.

JSabu
Beginner

Hello everyone! This is my first post within the community, and I'd be happy to keep posting. This is my problem:

I started having some issues with a certain game (Battlefield 2) and I contacted EA Support to ask for help. They told me I should update some of my drivers and so I went to the download section and I got the Driver Update Utility. It identified what I had to update and I downloaded it. It was the Chipset G41 Express. When I try to update it, the loading bar goes back and it gives me an error:

"Error desconocido" means unknown error.

What can I do? I need to update this in order to play the game I want to play. I have Windows 10 and all the requirements for the game.

I hope you guys can help me. Cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

You are out of luck. The G41 chipset/graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

Look way down this page under "legacy":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

If your machine is a desktop, and you have a PCIe x16 slot, you might be able to find a compatible graphics card (nvidia or amd-based) that could work with Windows 10. While most manufactures of these cards claim backward compatibility, many are not compatible.

However, the best thing to do is to get current. Get a new/newer machine that is supported on Windows 10, and avoid the problems.

Doc

0 Kudos