4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 7:20 AM by Intel Corporation

Why was ISH removed from INF?

Pon

I note on the readme for Chipset 10.1.1.42 that

Features Added in Build 10.1.1.34

ID Description

1 Removed Integrated Sensor Hub (ISH) devices for all platforms.

All very well unless you have a mobile chipset with an 8086:A135 "Intel(r) Integrated Sensor Solution" in it.

Why was it removed? Is it really that dangerous?

Windows 10 LTSB then goes out and without asking or telling anyone, downloads the mysterious 3.0.41.3260 driver that cannot be found on Intel's own site. Where can I find this driver on intel's own site? What magical name do I need to use to find this Gruffalo?

Likewise, the option do download older versions like 10.1.1.32 which does indeed have this listed, is absent.

• 1. Re: Why was ISH removed from INF?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Pon,

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention; I appreciate your feedback on this matter.

I understand the ISH was removed for all Intel platforms since this driver will be part of the operating system already. Once you update the operating system to the latest patch it will contain the package.

So far, I have been running the latest INF chipset software version 10.1.1.42 on mobile computers and I do not have issues to report because of this ISH driver. Currently, the driver version 3.0.41.3260 is not available for download at Intel download center.

If you perform a quick search on Internet you can find it from third party manufacturers such Dell or Lenovo, just to mention a couple of those manufacturers.

On the Intel download center you can find several INF chipset software download versions if you are looking for an earlier version:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+Chipset+Device+Software

Hope it helps.

Allan J.

• 2. Re: Why was ISH removed from INF?
            Intel Corporation

Hi Pon,

I was reviewing this case and I need to know if you still need assistance with the latest INF chipset software.
            Were you able to address this matter?

Thank you for your time.

Allan J.

• 3. Re: Why was ISH removed from INF?
              Pon

Indeed, but if one is not using some white-box hardware, then it is counter-intuitive to look for DELL, Lenovo, ASUS etc.

Part of the mystery is when using Windows embedded, sorry, IOT LTSB whatever, you do not expect it to go out and download random drivers. Especially because between two builds of the image, the driver might change outside of your control.

It would be fabulous if Intel would provide generic drivers for everything, rather than forcing us to search for $MANUFACTURER$ driver and find out that it is no better than the official Intel(TM)(R)(C)(XYZZY) ones.

• 4. Re: Why was ISH removed from INF?
                Intel Corporation

Hi Pon,

Thank you for taking the time and update this thread.

I appreciate your feedback on this matter. This will help us improve our service. Thank you for your feedback.

Allan J.