3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 10:42 AM by Intel Corporation

4k60Hz HDMI2.0 vedio output BUGs  SUM on NUC 7I5BNK

WW6302

Dear all

After two weeks use and test of 4k60Hz video output over HDMI2.0 on my NUC7I5bnk, I have found too many BUGs.  Here is the summery:

1. Randomly black screen flicker.  The flicker usually occurs within 10 seconds after a new full screen window opened. But it also happens randomly. Normally it is flicks one or two times. Occasionally, I have got continually flickers.  But, these flickers are just nothing…
      2. All large size windows will shrink to 1533*1198 and position will be moved to top left corner when NUC goes to standby mode.  This behavior is totally surprised me. I have used PC for almost 30 years, but it is the first times I have had these experiences.  Then I have to rearrange all windows.  For if there were only this bug, at least I can continual my work, but there are more…
      3. The monitor will standby forever, and cannot goes back.  Sometimes the monitor will flush the power indicator and then sleep again, sometimes it just keep sleeping. To solve this bug, I try to change power button to sleep.  When monitor cannot wakeup happens, I can manually press power button to force the NUC goes to sleep (or I can wait enough time to let the NUC goes to sleep).  Then the NUC may wakeup normally after I touch keyboard or mouse.  But, there are even worse bugs…
      4. Sometimes the NUC cannot goes to sleep mode! At this time, all the monitor, keyboard, mouse and even the power button are out of response at all! It seems the only thing I can do is press the power button more than 4 seconds or plug off the power cord.  Fortunately, I find that the windows is still working! So I install a remote control to set the NUC to sleep mode and then wakeup it again.  As soon as I thought that I am already win the battle, but the 5th bugs coming…
      5. The windows system crushed, and suddenly reboot…  oppps, poor me, at these point, I find that all of my non saved works DO vanished…
      6. To test these bugs, I have try to leave out Intel’s graphic driver, use only windows basic graphic drive.  At this time I found that my NUC cannot set sleep time! And in the standby mode, the monitor will not power off, only display a black screen.  I checked the ACPI, it says this PC do not support S3 sleep mode…

Do anyone have similar problem, do please let Intel knows!

before standby

before standby.png

after standby

after standby.png