2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 2:17 PM by Intel Corporation

thunderbolt drivers for Windows server 2012r2

MikeT128

Hi Intel,

I'm looking for the drivers for windows Server 2012R2....here's the interesting part....your hardware IS the OEM.

So, in reference to your Post at:  communities.intel.com/thread/102107  ......this doesn't make sense.

Your harware is the Intel NUC NUC6i7KYK

Is there a reason that you don't make drivers for Windows Server 2012r2 for your own device??

This is a limiting  factor with this device,as i want to purchase a 40Gbit External NIC :

ThunderLink® | Thunderbolt 3 to 40GbE Adapter Dual port | ATTO

Kind Regards,

The guy who spent money and can't use the device as intended...because of Drivers.

• 1. Re: thunderbolt drivers for Windows server 2012r2
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for joining the Intel® NUC communities.

In regard to your inquiry, as you saw on the previous post, there is no official notification yet stating there will be thunderbolt drives available for the NUC. However, I will do further research in order to confirm the reason why they are not available, as soon as I get any updates on that I will post all the information on this thread.

Just in case, on the link below you will find all the drivers that we have available for the Intel® NUC6i7KYK NUC and Windows® Server 2012 R2:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89187/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: thunderbolt drivers for Windows server 2012r2
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: I just wanted to let you know that I just got an update about this subject and based on that, basically there is no specific reason as to why the drivers are not available, it is just an Intel decision. What we recommend in this case will be to use the driver for Thunderbolt that is available in our web site, even if it belongs to a different operating system.

Once again, let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
            Alberto R