Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Hello dear friends who can help me.This is my notebook HP ENVY 17 and I have Win 10 Aniversary home. 64 bits.This is the video card driver I have installed: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. What I must do to find and to update this driver? I'd appreciate your h

ELima2
Beginner

Hello dear friends who can help me.

This is my notebook HP ENVY 17 and I have Win 10 Aniversary home. 64 bits.

This is the video card driver I have installed: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. What I must do to find and to update this driver? I'd appreciate your help.

In the Intel Driver Update Utility, this driver appears but this is not similar to Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

First, do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility.

Second, is your current driver not functioning properly? If it is working without problems, then you do not need to update it.

Third, you should use the driver provided by HP as using the generic Intel driver may not provide customized functionality that HP has added to the driver.

But, if you really want to do this, here is the driver for Windows 10 for Intel HD 4600 graphics:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-

If may be necessary to manually install the driver, To do this, install the current driver build via "have disk method" as described at:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface

(ignore prolog about MS surface)

It would be in your best interests to create a restore point first. And, knowing Windows 10, restore points are likely turned off. So, turn them on, and create a restore point.

Doc

ELima2
Beginner

Thank you Al

According, you tell me if this driver: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600 running smoothly then it is not necessary to update it.. Actually this driver is working fine on my laptop

Is this driver win64_154028.4501.exe updating this? Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600

If I choose to update it this will work fine on my HP ENVY 17 windows 10 64-bit creators?

regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much to Al Hill for the information posted previously.

Hi Rotty: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities.

I hope the information posted previously was useful for you.

In regard to your question, you can always try to update the graphics driver, but it is not for sure how it is going to work. The best way to find out will be by installing it and then if there is some kind of problem you can always roll back to a previous version. If there is no problem with the laptop currently, then there is no need to update the driver, however, if the driver you try to install is provided by HP, then it should work just fine with your laptop.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ELima2
Beginner

Dear Alberto R

OK perfect

If this driver does not work well

How to do to reinstall the previous one?Regards,
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Go back to the restore point I told you about.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much to Al Hill for the suggestion above.

Hi Rotty: That will be the best way to do it, another option will be by deleting the driver from device manager and then install the driver version needed.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ELima2
Beginner

Thank you..

And then how to install the required driver version?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Look in my 1st post. I provided a link to the instructions.

Please read the 1st post. It has all the answers and information you need.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much Al Hill.

Rotty: You are welcome. Once you find the proper driver version please follow the instructions provided by Al Hill on his first post about how to install a driver manually.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos