Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

RST version for Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard

SBram
Beginner

I have a ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard which is using the Intel X58 Express Chipset / ICH10R. Currently my Intel Matrix Storage Manager is at a very old version 8.0.0.1038, and it's reporting 'Error Occurred' on 3 of the member disks. So, I'm looking at de-RAIDing the drives temporarily so that WD Diag can see the S.M.A.R.T. data. It's a media only RAID for a video editing system, and I have multiple backups of the contents, so no worries there in case something goes awry during the process.

I'd like to upgrade to the highest version of RST that this mobo will allow. Any idea what version that might be? I saw an older post regarding this same mobo, but was wondering if there now was a more current version that this board will support.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

SEBrame: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities.

In regard to your question, you will find the Intel® RST version for your system on the link below, it is the 12.9 version, please uninstall the Intel® Matrix Storage restart the PC and then install the RST:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23496/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23496/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
SBram
Beginner

Thanks Alberto!

Not sure how to uninstall the old Intel® Matrix Storage driver. I tried to uninstall it via Device Manager, but it just re-installs on rebooting. I updated the driver using Device Manager to the new Intel® RST, and it said that it was successfully installed. However, during POST I still see the old Matrix Storage driver still loads.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SEBrame: You are welcome. In order to un-install the Intel® Matrix Storage driver, please get into control panel, select the option "programs and features", look for the software and un-installing from there.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
SBram
Beginner

It appears that the disks are actually OK - all pass S.M.A.R.T.

I've re-created the RAID volume and the error doesn't appear during POST, even though the Intel Matrix Storage Manager version 8.0.0.1038 still is loading instead of the newer RST.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SEBrame: Excellent, perfect, if the RAID is working fine now, then there is no need to change the RST version.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
SBram
Beginner

There is no specific listing for 'Intel® Matrix Storage driver' in 'Programs and Features'.

Here is the listed driver for the device -

But during POST the older 'Intel Matrix Storage Manager' version 8.0.0.1038 is what is loading.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SEBrame: It is actually expected to see the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager on post since it is part of the control "I" menu the PC has. As you can see on the picture above, the actual version of RST that is installed is the 12.9.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos