cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSDSA2M160G2GC getting 0xC00000E9 An unexpected I/O error has occurred

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Lenovo W500 with 3 months old Intel X25-M 160 SSD: SSDSA2M160G2GC drive with latest 02HD firmware, which has been running fine for 2 months. Suddenly today when I was away from the running computer (during normal operation with power connected) it crashed and now I cannot boot my computer. I get the following error during boot attempt:

File: \Boot\BCD

Status: 0xC00000E9I am in Lenovo Bios disk check now, and it just flashes in a looping fashion on this message at 0% for a long time :Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurredError code 0000: Read verification failedIs it totally broken? Any ideas how to best troubleshoot/get the drive working again with as little data loss as possible? The drive is not encrypted if that makes any difference in recovery?ThanksNiklas
1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

First of all, deepest apologies for the trouble you are having with your X-25M SSD.

There are hard drive diagnostic tools available on the web, although the best tools aren't cheap.

To segment the problem quickly (and for free), you could use a bootable USB key or bootable CDROM with the Intel firmware update tool. The software should see fhe drive if it is connected to your PC and functioning correctly. It may also give you a more descriptive error message.